Windsock Thread Mount Frames
Windsock thread mounts are a type of mount that allows a windsock to be attached to a vertical pole or mast using a threaded connector.
Windsock thread mounts are commonly used in applications where wind direction and speed are important, such as airports, construction sites, and chemical plants.
At Panama Enterprises, we want to make windsock frame mounting easy.
Our windsock frames are made of high-quality metal and sealed metal bearings to withstand severe weather conditions - and because it’s made of carbon steel, it’s more robust than aluminum.
This will help increase the longevity of your mount connection and frame.
How Do Windsock Thread Mounts Work?
The windsock thread mount consists of two main parts: a threaded connector and the frame
The threaded connector is attached to the windsock frame and has a threaded stem that extends downward.
The threaded connector is attached to the pole or mast and has a threaded opening that matches the size and thread pitch of the threaded stem.
To mount the windsock, the threaded connector is inserted into the collar, and the two parts are twisted together until they are securely tightened.
The windsock is now securely mounted to the pole or mast and can rotate freely in the wind.
Windsock thread mounts are designed to withstand the forces of wind and weather, as well as the stresses caused by the weight and movement of the windsock.
They are typically made of durable carbon steel primed in Rustex rust inhibitors and are designed to resist corrosion and other forms of damage.
Overall, windsock thread mounts work by providing a secure and stable attachment point for windsocks, allowing them to accurately indicate wind direction and speed in a wide range of industrial applications.
- Aviation: Windsock thread mounts are commonly used at airports and airfields and allow the windsock to be attached securely to a pole or mast, providing a stable and accurate indication of wind direction.
- Oilfield: Windsock threads mounts are used in oilfields to easily attach a windsock to a pole. This helps workers discern wind direction in case of a chemical leak, allowing workers to move upwind.
- Agriculture: Windsock thread mounts are used in agriculture to easily attach a windsock in ideal locations. This allows spraying operators to judge the direction of the wind.
- Maritime: Windsock thread mounts can be used at ports, harbors, and docks to indicate wind direction and speed to ship captains and crew members. They allow the windsock to be attached securely to a mast.
- Construction: Windsock thread mounts can be used on construction sites to help crane operators and other workers determine wind direction and speed. Windsock thread mounts may be used on construction trailers or on temporary or permanent structures.
- Military: Windsock thread mounts are used by the military to indicate wind direction and speed for aircraft, missile systems, and other equipment. Windsock thread mounts may be used on bases, aircraft carriers, or other military installations.
- Chemical and petrochemical: Windsock thread mounts are used at chemical and petrochemical plants to indicate wind direction and help workers avoid exposure to hazardous substances. They are typically mounted on storage tanks or other key structures.
Threat Mount Specifications
- 1 ¼” NPT thread mount pipe
- Carbon steel